For the passage of your site in full HTTPS, there are several points to check with regard to Fasterize:
- That Fasterize does have the certificates. This may already be the case if we already display content in HTTPS (the login page, the shopping cart page, for example). Perhaps you have planned to change them, in which case they must be reinstalled on the platform.
- That the traffic in HTTPS is well optimized (with the extension Fasterize for Chrome / Firefox for example)
- That optimizations in HTTPS do not break the site: a priori nothing more is done in HTTPS but it is still necessary to check that from a functional point of view, everything is ok. The verification can be done in preproduction if you have connected the site in preproduction or by using a cookie frz-https = true to see the optimized version.
- That the CDN (if included in your offer) is well configured. Indeed, in HTTPS, we go into HTTP / 2 mode and we remove the sharding (the domains in frz.io) which no longer has to be. So you have to get all the traffic through the CDN to enjoy it. This point is the responsibility of the support that you can contact via the form on this site.
- Note that there is also the option to migrate static objects to a specific domain (type media.mysite.com) and then connect this domain to the CDN but it is a more restrictive solution.
To help you with your migration, you can also configure the redirection of your HTTP to HTTPS traffic easily from your dashboard. You can even choose the type of redirection (permanent, temporary, etc ...) even if choosing one or the other has only little impact.
All of these steps only affect the Fasterize part of your migration. However, we will propose in the coming weeks a feature for rewriting HTTP to HTTPS links that will dispense with this tedious step.
Finally, do not forget that we are compatible with Let's Encrypt, with the key to free certificates and renewed automatically!