For your website full-HTTPS migration, there are several points to check regarding Fasterize:
- Fasterize should have your certificates. It may already be the case if we already display HTTPS content (login page or cart page for example). Maybe you plan to change them, in which case you have to reinstall them on the platform.
- HTTPS traffic in HTTPS should be optimized (check with the Chrome / Firefox extension for example)
- HTTPS optimizations shouldn’t break the site: nothing more is done in HTTPS mode but one must still verify that from a functional point of view, everything is ok. The verification can be done on your staging environment if you have it connected to Fasterize or by using a cookie frz-https = true to see the optimized version.
- CDN (if included in your offer) should be correctly configured. Indeed, in HTTPS mode, we switch to HTTP/2 protocol version and we remove the sharding (the frz.io domains) that no longer needs to be. It is therefore necessary to pass all the traffic through the CDN to take advantage of it. This point is the responsibility of the support that you can contact via the form on this site.
- Note that there is also the option to migrate static objects to a specific domain (eg. media.mysite.com) and then connect this domain to the CDN but it is a more restrictive solution.
To help you in your migration, you can also configure the redirection of your traffic from HTTP to HTTPS easily from your dashboard. You can even choose the type of redirection (permanent, temporary, etc …) even if choosing one or the other has little impact.
All of these steps apply only to the Fasterize part of your migration. However, in the next few weeks, we will be offering a HTTP to HTTPS link rewriting functionality that will relieve you of this tedious task.
Finally, do not forget that we are compatible with Let’s Encrypt, with free certificates renewed automatically!